Sunflower Summer Kids Activity Pass (115 Venues Free for Kansas Residents)
From May 26 to August 13, the Sunflower Summer Kids Activity Pass provides an array of exciting opportunities for Kansas students and their families to venture out, discover novel experiences, and cherish quality time together. Kansas families with children in Pre-K through 12th grade can enjoy complimentary visits to museums, zoos, historic landmarks, and other captivating attractions. Be sure to check out our online summer guides too!
Sunflower Summer Kids Activity Pass for 2023 Features
- Over 115 Destinations & Venues
- Select Day Camp Experiences
- PLUS: Bonus Events
Sunflower Summer is a program of the Kansas State Department of Education and is designed to provide a wide variety of ways for families to get out, explore something new, and enjoy time together. We know that social interaction and exposure to a variety of activities support healthy development. Sunflower Summer is an experiential approach to learning that can support the transition of school-aged children into the fall school term.
Sunflower Summer is a program of the Kansas State Department of Education and is designed to provide a wide variety of ways for families to get out, explore something new, and enjoy time together. We know that social interaction and exposure to a variety of activities support healthy development. Sunflower Summer is an experiential approach to learning that can support the transition of school-aged children into the fall school term. This How to Guide will get you started.
With the Sunflower Summer app, every student in Kansas and their parents can enjoy a complimentary visit to each participating attraction once a year. Simply use the Sunflower Summer “Passport” feature in the app, get it stamped, and the ticket will be securely stored, no longer accessible. Experience the best of Sunflower Summer with our convenient app!
Up to two adults may access a ticket voucher on the Sunflower Summer app, when accompanying Kansas students enrolled in Pre-kindergarten through 12th grade on a visit to a Sunflower Summer participating attraction.
Parents and legal guardians, which sometimes includes grandparents, can create a Sunflower Summer app account that includes their children. Once the adult account is created, the children are added. This becomes the family account.
In the Sunflower Summer app, you have the awesome option to transfer a child’s ticket voucher to another adult who has also downloaded the app. Each child gets a special ticket for every participating attraction, and once it’s used and their passport is stamped, it can no longer be accessed. Get ready for non-stop fun with Sunflower Summer!
Sunflower Summer is a program of the Kansas State Department of Education. Tickets are designated specifically for Kansas students enrolled in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
Sunflower Summer warmly welcomes students from public schools, private and faith-based schools, as well as those who are home-schooled. We’ve got everyone covered! Additionally, students enrolled in 18-21 Transition Programs are also eligible for free tickets through the Sunflower Summer program. Join us for an incredible summer experience!
Discover the inclusive world of Sunflower Summer! They extend a warm welcome to students from public schools, private and faith-based schools, and even those who are home-schooled. With Sunflower Summer, everyone is invited to join the excitement! Moreover, students enrolled in 18-21 Transition Programs can also enjoy the perks of free tickets through this program. Don’t miss out on this incredible summer experience – sign up now!
As of right now, the pass includes:
Art & Theater
Attractions & Landmarks
- Boot Hill Museum, Inc.
- Botanica, The Wichita Gardens
- Cedar Cove Conservation & Education Center
- Curious Minds Discovery Zone
- Dodge City CVB Historic Trolley Tour
- Evel Knievel Museum
- Exploration Place
- Field Station: Dinosaurs
- Flint Hills Discovery Center
- Hedrick’s Exotic Animal Farm
- Kansas Aviation Museum
- Kansas Children’s Discovery Center
- Kansas Learning Center for Health
- Lee Richardson Zoo
- Mid-America Air Museum
- Midwest Dream Car Collection
- Oz Museum
- Rolling Hills Zoo
- Sedgwick County Zoo
- Sunset Zoo
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park
- The Big Well Museum and Visitors Center
- The Garage
- Topeka Zoo & Conservation Center
- Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum
- Amelia Earhart Hangar Museum
- Big Brutus
- Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site
- Constitution Hall State Historic Site
- Eisenhower Presidential Library
- El Quartelejo Museum & Jerry Thomas Gallery and Collection
- Ellis Railroad Museum and Doll Display
- Ellsworth County Historical Society
- Fick Fossil & History Museum
- Fort Harker Guardhouse Museum
- Fort Hays State Historic Site
- Fort Larned National Historic Site
- Garden of Eden
- Grinter Place State Historic Site
- Hollenberg Pony Express Station State Historic Site
- Johnson County Museum
- Kansas African American Museum
- Kansas Oil Museum
- Kansas State Capitol
- Kauffman Museum
- Kiowa County Historical Museum & Soda Fountain
- Lindsborg Old Mill and Swedish Heritage Museum
- Lowell Milken Center for Unsung Heroes
- Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
- Mid-America All-Indian Museum
- Mine Creek Battlefield State Historic Site
- Miners Hall Museum
- Museum of World Treasures
- National Orphan Train Complex
- Nicodemus National Historic Site
- Old Cowtown Museum
- Osage County Historical Society
- Pawnee Indian Museum State Historic Site
- Pony Express Barn & Museum
- Red Rocks State Historic Site
- Shawnee Town 1929 Museum
- Sternberg Museum of Natural History
- The Ritchie House
- Tri-State Antique Engines & Thresher Association
- University of Kansas Natural History Museum
- Walter P. Chrysler Boyhood Home and Museum
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum
- Yesterday House Museum & Depot
- Cedar Bluff State Park
- Cheney State Park
- Clinton State Park – OK Kids
- Cowley Lake Waterfall
- Crawford State Park
- Cross Timbers State Park
- El Dorado State Park
- Eisenhower State Park
- Elk City State Park
- Ernie Miller Park & Nature Center
- Fall River State Park
- Flint Hill Trails State Park
- Glen Elder State Park
- Great Plains Nature Center
- Hillsdale State Park
- Kanopolis State Park
- Kansas Wetlands Education Center
- Kansas Wildlife Exhibit
- Lake Scott State Park
- Lehigh Portland Trails
- Little Jerusalem State Park
- Lovewell State Park
- Meade State Park
- Milford State Park
- Monument Rocks Natural Area
- Perry State Park
- Pomona State Park
- Prairie Dog State Park
- Prairie Spirit Trail
- Sand Hills State Park
- Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve
- Tuttle Creek State Park
- Webster State Park
- Wilson State Park
- Wyandotte County Lake Park
Eisenhower State Park
July 13-14, 2023
Milford State Park | June 2-3, 2023
Cheney State Park | June 9-10, 2023
Historic Scott State Park | June 16-17, 2023
Wichita Wind Surge Sunflower Sundays
Tickets may be activated on the Sunflower Summer App day of game only. No reservations or advanced purchases are accepted.
2023 Summer Camps & Enrichment
Learning experiences for grades K-8th. Connect with nature and take part in canoeing, archery, fishing, cooking, coding, and many more adventures.
Start your summer camp adventure.
And of course several libraries as well!
How do I get the Sunflower Summer Kids Activity Pass?
DOWNLOAD THE APP! 🙂
Download the app from the APPLE STORE
Get it from GOOGLE PLAY
More details at Sunflower Summer Passport Site
Be sure to check out our summer fun guides too:
- Purchase a The POGO Pass Kansas City 16 kids activities for less than $50! Purchase a POGO Pass for ONLY $49.99 with code ifamilykc. This is a steal.
- Find an Open Gym & Open Play around KC.
- Join a Summer Movie Program or See a Movie in the Park
- Shop Local at Kansas City Farmers Markets
- Plan Family Game Night
- The 4th of July is a highlight of the Summer. Find Fireworks Displays, Parades & More!
- Play on these fun, free educational websites for kids.
- Take a weekend trip from Kansas City with your family, like a road trip to St. Louis
- Go out to eat! Kids eat FREE at these places in Kansas City
- Play on these Free & Fun Educational Websites for Kids
And sign up for our eNews below to get the latest and greatest scoop for KC families sent right to your email inbox every week!