It’s hard to believe that the holidays are nearly upon us here in the metro area (have you started decorating for Christmas yet?!). Liz, from our iFamilyKC Mom Squad team, has gotten a head start on her holiday fun with her sweet little one and put together a fabulous Baby Mistletoe Keepsake tutorial for you to create your very own masterpieces at home. Bonus: These make GREAT gifts for grandparents and will be cherished for many years to come. Take a look…
Baby’s First Christmas: Create Your Own Baby Mistletoe Footprints!
- White canvas, your choice for the size
- Green and Red craft or acrylic paint
- Foam brush
- Small Paint Brush
- Baby Wipes
- An extra set of hands
- Extra embellishments: Glitter, Christmas bows, mini jingle bells,
Directions: Have one person hold the little babe while the other paints a foot using the foam brush. I personally do one foot at a time so you don’t have to worry about a kicking baby getting paint all over you. Have the canvas on a flat surface and press the foot down. Clean the first foot up with the baby wipes then paint foot number two and press down on the canvas. Make sure that you stagger the feet a bit apart. You have your mistletoes!
Here are a few ideas on how to decorate and personalize your baby’s mistletoe’s!
- With red paint carefully paint bows using a thin brush.
- Write “Mistletoes” below the feet.
- Embellish with an actual bow instead of paint, faux holly leaves and cherries or jingle bells.
- Decorate around the mistletoe with Christmas colored paint using the toilet paper cardboard for circle rings or circle shaped foam brushes.
- If you are nervous about your writing out “Mistletoe” with your own handwriting in paint, use glitter stickers!
- Finish off with writing your child’s name and the year.
This is a for sure way to capture a special moment that will last forever. Even with the messy little feet, you are sure to have some fun and lasting memories with your little one.
From iFamily to Yours,