Good Evening, Friends!
Fellow parents – I feel like I need a VACATION from this Spring Break, am I right?! I’m, admitedly, a little jealous of our iFamilyKC Mom Squad team member, Erin’s recent trip to Branson where she had a FUN time hanging out with her kiddos! I never knew all of the exciting things you could do that are just a stone’s throw away from the metro area. Take a look…
My family recently took a trip to Branson during spring break so I wanted to share with you some of the awesome things to do while vacationing with your own family in Branson! Branson is full of so many cool shows, museums, fun themed restaurants and good ole fashioned family fun! It is the perfect place to take your kids for a long weekend or mini-vacation. Here are some things we did while in Branson that I think you’ll enjoy.
- Ride the Ducks – Actually military vehicles drive on land AND water! Highly entertaining! Disclaimer: They give the kids “quackers” these little whistle type things that were super fun for the kids. I tucked those in my bag rather quickly after the ride was over! The kids are given the chance to pilot the boat and earn an honorary captain’s license!
- Titanic Museum – In my opinion this is a must do during a trip to Branson. The museum is an actual ship hitting an iceberg! Highly interactive for both adults and kids. Many artifacts and interesting stories of passengers and their legacies.
- Pasghetti’s Restaurant – Fun little place with good Italian food! They have a mini-Ferris wheel and small arcade for a small fee. You can’t miss the enormous spaghetti and meatball with a fork stuck in it at the entrance to Pasghetti’s!
- The Butterfly Palace – Another must do for a trip to Branson! When you enter the aviary, you are given a hat, magnifying glass and a vial of nectar to attract butterflies to you! We spent a long time watching the butterflies, identifying the different types and trying to catch them!
- Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery – This is a FREE exhibit to check out on a nice day! They have large pools of trout and the kids have the opportunity to feed the fish. An informative video is available on request.
Money saving tips
Check out the Sunny Day guide for coupons to local restaurants and attractions
Buy discount tickets to Silver Dollar City at Country Mart
On the way to Branson, we stopped in Springfield to check out Fantastic Caverns and Lambert’s Cafe. Fantastic Caverns is the only ride-through cave in America. It is well worth stopping in Springfield to see the beautiful formations and to hear the fascinating story behind it! Lambert’s is “home of throwed rolls.” The food is home cooked and delicious and yes, they actually throw rolls to you while you eat!
Branson is a 3-4 hour drive from KC, depending on what area of town you live in. I tried to make sure my kids had plenty to do while on the road like toys, books and activity books. I happen to find an AWESOME road trip binder on Pinterest that I put together for my 6 year old daughter to do on the way. It was super easy to make and I think she was more excited to do that than the actual vacation itself!! Start with a simple three ring binder and you can find different worksheets online like Road Trip Bingo, mazes, road trip scavenger hunt. You could even add a map of the route so your kids can follow along while you’re in the car.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to things to do in Branson. I know my family will be going back to Branson in the very near future to see and do more of the cool things the town has to offer! Has your family been to Branson? What was your most favorite thing there?
From iFamily to Yours,